Aquamarine with schorl tourmaline, Erongo Region, Namibia
Robert Plutchik created a wheel of emotions in 1980 which consisted of 8 basic emotions and 8 advanced emotions each composed of 2 basic ones.
Eight Basic Emotions
Basic Emotion ⇄ Basic Opposite
- Joy ⇄ Sadness
- Trust ⇄ Disgust
- Fear ⇄ Anger
- Surprise ⇄ Anticipation
Combination of Basic Emotions (A + B) = Advanced Human Emotions (Opposite Advanced Emotion in Parentheses)
- Anticipation + Joy = Optimism (Disapproval)
- Joy + Trust = Love (Remorse)
- Trust + Fear = Submission (Contempt)
- Fear + Surprise = Awe (Aggression)
- Surprise + Sadness = Disappointment (Optimism)
- Sadness + Disgust = Remorse (Love)
- Disgust + Anger = Contempt (Submission)
- Anger + Anticipation = Aggression (Awe)
I actually had this diagram from my psychology class and I started writing a series or fics based on all the emotions.
But this one is way more detailed I’ll have to save it.
fucking coolest thing ive seen in months
(via sabythfay)Source: writeworld
Frozen Swiss Landscape
In January 2005, Lake Geneva and the surrounding area were hit with a horrific ice storm. Everything was completely blanketed with ice when waves breaking on the lake’s shore hardened into a solid coating in the sub-freezing temperatures. Several boats even sank under the weight of the ice. The wind gusts reached 110 km/h (60 mph) and literally froze water sprays in their place.
(via shrineart)Source: skyandsummit.com
Thank you for 450+ follows!
THERE WILL BE TWO WINNERS, randomly selected!!
Here are the PRIZES
Here are the RULES
- Reblogs only, and only one (1) will count toward an entry.
- You DO NOT have to follow me. However, if you’ve been following prior to the creation of this post (5/26 at 11pm CT), your reblog will receive two (2) entries.
- No giveaway blogs or I’ll
shank youhave to select a new winner.
- The giveaway ends on July 1st, 2013 at 8pm CT.Your inbox must be open, and you’ll have 48 hours to respond to my ask if you’re among the winners.
- You must be comfortable with disclosing your mailing info to me; I will only be contacting you from my ‘ganondorofuu’ account, no others.
- I will ship internationally.
Remember, the giveaway ends July 1st, 2013 at 8pm CT.
Did you get all of that?
(via rattlecat)Source: ganondorofuu
RAW RAINBOW WRAPS w/ Mango Dressing
Prep Time: Approximately 15 minutes
- Large collard leaves
- Red bell pepper, sliced
- Carrots, julienned
- Yellow and green zucchini squash, julienned
- Purple Cabbage, chopped
Mango Dipping Sauce:
- 1 Ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 Carton cherry tomatoes, about 2 cups
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 Handful of fresh cilantro
1. Slice, peel, julienne, and chop all of the wrap fillings.
2. Using a sharp knife, remove all or most of the collard green stems. This allows for more flexibility when it comes time to wrap.
3. Lay out the fillings across the collard leaf and roll it up as you tuck in the sides of the leaf.
Photo & Recipe By:
(via abbynormalities)Source: rawyouth